Yes. Yes it is.
I have been meaning to visit this grocery store for a while. I didn’t really know what all the hype about it was, but this weekend I found out. It. is. amazing. And did you know that Trader Joe’s is actually owned by the Aldi Corporation?
Five reasons you should visit Trader Joe’s, and you will love it:
- Samples. Think Costco but no quite. Towards the back of the store there is a sample counter. You can ask for a sample of anything in the store. They will give you one, liberally.
2. Cookie butter. You may have already heard about this one. I know I had. Cookie butter is the consistency of peanut better with the taste of snickerdoodles. It will melt in your mouth. Yes, I know there are all kinds of recipes on the internet for cookie butter you can make at home. But you need to try the original at least once.
3. Organic, fair trade, and affordable. October is Fair Trade month and as I have increased my own awareness of fair trade practices, I’ve noticed a lot of fair trade certified items at Trader Joe’s as well as affordable organic foods. And let me say this, Trader Joe’s definition of organic tastes good. Really good. I know that I don’t usually use the words organic and affordable in the same sentence, but Trader Joe’s is the exception to the rule. I’ve read that they are able to keep their prices low because of some sore of secret relationship with suppliers. Whatever the reason, it works for me and my wallet. (Don’t forget, you can enter to win a box of fair trade items this week in honor of Fair Trade Month!)
4. Not overwhelming. I expected the store to be super crowded and give me sensory overload. It was a typical grocery store on a Saturday morning, but the store itself is not huge and overwhelming. As I matter of fact, I took the one child who hates crowds with me and she even enjoyed the experience, likening it to a village market. And that says a lot.
5. No noisy intercoms. Trader’s Joe’s uses a bell system to communicate with employees. No loud and muffled noise hear. Just pleasant ringing that is not annoying at all.
Overall I love the store! Have you ever shopped at Trader Joe’s?
And speaking of Fair Trade….don’t forget to enter our giveaway this week by reading the blog post post below. Here are other posts you may be interested in as well.