Welcome to April! It seems like we were just saying Happy New Year and here we are into spring. Here’s what’s on my mind this month. Continue reading
Did You Miss Monday’s Show?
I want to give a special thanks to Leslie Young of Fashion du Jour Daily for taking time out of her busy schedule to talk to us about holiday fashion for busy moms. If you missed the show live, no worries, just click on the image below and you can hear it.
Are you interested in some of the items she mentioned? Check out these links via #ads:
and just for the fun of it , Uggs
Don’t forget to share your fashionable looks this holiday season! Make sure you tag @twillisbestshot on Instagram and Twitter!
The New Fashion Trends
I have to share this. I just have to. And I’m so willing to accept the consequences. When this post hits Facebook, it’s all over. Because they stalk me. And they read this blog, to see if I’m going to write about them.
And since I do write about them, this will be no exception. If you have tweens and teens, please let me know if your kids do this. And if they don’t, break it easy to me…because well you know, I need to know if this kind of silliness goes on in houses other than my own.
Shorts over leggings.
I know that this has a place in our society, I’m just not sure where. That is, outside of working out for fitness reasons. I see runners do it, and I’m okay with that. But there are people who do it for the sake of fashion. Why?
Leg Warmers. Again.
For some reason, my mother kept all of my of leg warmers from the 80’s. And then she brought them to me this fall. Now the girls love them. But don’t they always match their outfits. And my memory fails me when I think about whether or not I matched when I wore them. Either way, I’m not sure 30 year old leg warmers have a place.
Light jackets during winter.
I don’t care if it is not cool or stylish, but it is cold outside. WEAR A COAT. As I write this, I can hear my mother saying it to me. I’m not sure why I never wanted to wear a coat, but I know that I didn’t…and my mom used to fuss about it. And now, so do I.
Layers of basketball shorts underneath sweatpants, jeans, or anything.
The boy does this and I don’t understand it. He will wear at least two pair of basketball shorts under his pants. Why?
Accessories made out of duct tape.
We have bracelets, backpacks, make up bags, pencil cases, flip flops, and purses. I didn’t realize duct tape was so popular, and that it came in a variety colors and textures. I have to admit that I have worn a few of the afore-mentioned items to show my support of their latest craft endeavors, but some of it is a bit over the top for me. Especially the shoes. I can’t get past the duct tape shoes.
Okay friends, be honest…what are your kids wearing?
Thank Me Later
You can thank me later for this one. Right here, on this here blog, I hold the key to your happiness this fall.
Okay, so maybe that was a slight exaggeration. Slight.
It’s September, so technically we are right on the cusp of fall. I live in a state that usually doesn’t get the fall memo until mid-October, but that’s okay. In my mind, it allows me extra time to wear white and decide on one very important, life-changing thing.
My color for fall.
Oh, did you think this was going to be a little deeper than fall fashion colors? Well, it’s not, but it’s equally as important.
You need a color for fall. It’s going to be your signature color. Tita and I did this last year and it was fun! We had signature colors and spent a lot of time on Pinterest and Polyvore looking for combinations with our colors. And then we bought a few items throughout the fall in the color. And whenever we wore something in the color, it made us happy.
And we felt stylish.
I’m not really sure how one color did all of that for us, but it did. And now, when I see something in my wardrobe from last fall, I get a little nostalgic and think, “That’s my color.” Matter of fact, Tita gave me a bottle of nail polish with last year’s color and we both did a little sing songy, “Awwww” when we admired it.
Last fall, my color was plum. Once I decided on plum, I then bought just a few plum items:
1. One pair of plum skinny jeans
2, One plum cardigan
3. One plum cable knit pullover sweater
4. One peasant blouse with plum accents
5. One pair of heeled plum boots
And I bought them over the course of the fall and winter seasons so I didn’t break the bank.
This year, I’m still deciding on my fall color, but I’ve decided to have an accent color (plum), and to add a fall flower to my seasonal collection. The flower is separate from the clothing , however it will look pretty on my kitchen table. The reason for the accent color is because I still love plum, but I’m ready to branch out. And, I don’t want to waste the money I spent last fall.
So change your life this fall..and get a color. Add an accent color if you want. But definitely get a flower too. A fall flower just for you!
It’s All About the Skinny Jeans
Oh Skinny Jeans…how I love thee. Let me count the ways:
1. You give me the confidence I haven’t had in a while because feel sexy when I wear you.
2. When I wear you, I don’t want to half-step on any parts of my outfit. I make sure I wear things that compliment you perfectly…all the way up to my hair and down to my shoes.
3. You’ve help me embrace colors in my wardrobe…from plum to white to hot pink.
4. You’ve confirmed what I know to be true for many outfits…success is rested on a firm foundation!
5. You come in all shapes and sizes so all of my sisters can enjoy your goodness.
6. Somehow when I wear you to work, I’m more productive. I think because of the sexy. Being productive adds to the sexy.
7. My children always, always gasp when I emerge in an outfit with skinny jeans. The shock is their eyes is priceless when one of them exclaims, “Wow Mom, you look really good today.”
8. You help me enjoy my 40’s so much more. We didn’t have skinny jeans when I was in my 20’s.
9. When I buy the right size, you are so comfortable. Even my weekend skinny jeans with the rips and tears.
10. You are affordable. I realize there are some really expensive skinny jeans out there, but the variety of inexpensive to expensive is vast. I can stock up and not feel guilty at all.