Do you remember a few months ago when there was a viral Facebook game where you had to disclose a certain number of little known facts about yourself? I never had the chance to play it Facebook, but I had things I wanted to share. And I have chosen to share them here.
1. I don’t watch the television show Scandal.
2. I believe that every resident of Dallas county over the age of 18 has attended at least one campus within the Dallas County Community College District.
3. I have two passions in my life: writing and college life.
4. I am a gadget freak. If it has a on/off switch and is shiny, I start trembling.
5. I am most attracted to men who resemble trees. Tall, broad, and with big arms. Unbeknownst to them, I describe the men I meet to my friends and family as a “tree” or “not a tree.”
6. I am afraid of most birds. Especially chickens.
7. I love football and basketball. No other sports really interest me.
8. I have been diagnosed with arthritis. I take prescription medicine for it. When it flares up, I can’t help but think “It all goes downhill after 40.”
9. There is no pizza in the world like Chicago pizza. I could eat it everyday.
10. I feel really smart when I go to AutoZone and know what I’m looking for.
11. I just started wearing makeup daily. It’s that 40 plus thing.
12. I treasure the weekends we can stay home and do nothing.
13. No matter h0w old they are, I’m glad my kids still want hugs and to snuggle at night.
I think some mornings are just made for randomness…and that’s what I’m bringing you today.
It kind of feels like fall in Dallas. Notice I used kind of. Last week we had a cold front and it really did feel like fall, but this weekend, it was hot again. So, kind of. It’s not 100 degrees, but it gets in the upper 80’s. I can’t officially switch over to my fall fashion palette without it being at least 70. Consistently.
I started listening to Christmas music this week. I’ve been wanting to listen to it for a while. A Christmas song crept into my Pandora playlist and now I’m hooked. So hooked that I’ve checked to see when the Christmas music station in Dallas will start playing it. Dallas friends, that date is November 17! And sure enough friends, as I am writing this post I noticed that another song crept in the playlist. How fun!
I’ve decided that I’ve become of the age where I should probably wear makeup regularly. I don’t need to have a full face, but I could use a little touch up here and there. I’ll just leave it at that.
Have you ever watched the television show, Bob’s Burgers? One of my students said that I remind him of the mom on that show? I watched it, and well…I kind of agree with him. If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?
I deleted Candy Crush from my phone. I’ve been on the same level for 4 months. Life needs to move on.
I think that’s gonna be it. What’s making you smile this week?
When The Three Amigos were babies and toddlers, it was very easy to find them doing cute things! These days in the Tween World, it’s more of a challenge. One outcome of the Pause Before You Pounce challenge I did last week is that I am now looking for the cuteness in my kids.
Ummm…I fully realize that they probably do not want to be considered cute…but it’s my blog. So I plan to catch them in moments of cuteness with a photo…and of course I will post it here.
Now, this is a challenge so-to-speak, but I’m not putting a time frame on it. Instead, I am promising myself and all of you that I’m committed to finding the cuteness in my everyday life…with tweens.
Here we go!
When I saw him dressed for school, I couldn’t get enough of this photo. Mainly because he works so hard on his “style.” The main cuteness here was the fact that those are not real glasses. They are movie 3-D glasses that he removed the lenses from. He says style, I say cute!