It was 4:00 am and everything was quiet. All three of teens were asleep and I woke up to have my quiet time with God. Before I started reading, I got my usually glass of water, took my thyroid medicine, and as I’ve done since they were babies, surveyed the kids sleeping.
In a few short hours I’d have them up and in the midst of our morning routine preparing them to get out the door and on the way to school. This day is special (and more challenging) because it’s the first day back after the holiday break. I suspected how the morning would unfold, thus the 4 am time with God. Usually I wake up at 5:30.
This morning needed to extra preparation. But before I started preparing and I gazed at each one of them. I whispered one thing…thank you.
Thank you for my babies who are now teenagers. Thank you for their giving hearts. Thank you for the people they have become. Thank you. Continue reading
I mediate. I assign. I correct. I fuss. But most importantly, I am thankful. The Three Amigos bring a lot to my life on a daily basis…and here’s why I am so thankful:
1. They still call me Mommy
2. They like to brush my hair at night.
3. They sleep in on weekends.
4. They want to make the world a better place.
5. They understand they value of a good education.
6. They are funny. Belly laugh funny.
7. They are true performing artists.
8. They actively seek to learn about other cultures.
9. I see the best of who I am manifest in their personalities.
10. They believe the details are important.
What are you thankful for about your kids?
Did you miss any of these posts? If so, click on the images below to read them.
I will write a letter thanking God for all he has done in my life. I will write what I learned, what was challenging, and how I’m going to do better. You guessed it…the letter will be on the blog this evening.